Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Slave World

Slave WorldSlave World by Johnny Stone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would like to give it a 2.5 stars because it was a little more than ok for me.
First I will start saying that Johnny Stone is a good writer. Most his characters have depth and he explains them really well to the readers.
Slave World was not an easy read for me, I found the book very disturbing on several levels.
As I would like to mention that my rating is not so high, mainly because of my disconfort with the theme. I usually don't like much sci-fi such as "Star Wars" and "Star Trek" and the beginning of the book was a lot like that. I was really close to giving up when Johnny threw a curve ball. It shocked me and it made me go through with the book.
I am not certain if I would have picked that ending, but it was surprising. I believe I will read a follow up of the book, because I am a little curious where this is heading.
One thing I have to say: JOHNNY STONE is a very creative and imaginative person!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment