Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: Breaking Up With Barrett



Rating:


Title:Breaking Up with Barrett
Series: The English Brothers #1
Author: Katy Regnery
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Heat: 2 stars

Source: ARC provided by Bewitching Book Tours




Cover: 3 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 4 stars
Heat: 3 stars
Freshness: 3 stars
Addictiveness: 3 stars
Total: 3.5 stars


A sweet romance with family values and hot men!

Barrett is the first born of the English brothers; all tall, blue-eyed blonds that look like gods. He takes his duties seriously and he lives for his job. He has always had a soft spot for his gardener's daughter, but is too uptight to show. When she throws the towels and acts unexpectedly, she opens up a brand new plan for Barrett. 

Barrett is a very alpha male that rules his world and of those around him. Emily is the perfect balance for his overbearing ways. She brings the best out of him, and she knows what battles she should takes on. 

I like how Ms. Regnery creates her characters, and with this couple she has masterfully even them out by playing them as opposites. Where he is always in suits, she is more comfortable in jeans, where he is dark, she is light, they feel a bit like yin-yang and that is why they fit.

I  also enjoy that family matters here, and long lasting friendships are portray. I like to see some overly rich characters that are not snobs, and I enjoy the secondary characters as well.

I don't read many sweet romances anymore, usually going more for edgier books. This book is refreshing, even though the overly sweet, sometimes feels a bit more fantasy than real.

I'm looking forward for this series as a change of pace in my readings. I'm excited about the characters and I would like to be surprised by a few twists.

I relate and connect with the characters and I already have a soft spot for Valeria. 

Keep them coming Ms. Regnery! 

I would recommend this book and promising new series to anyone that has a bit of romantic side.

"Forget Prince Charming, Val. Barrett's the oldest son of English & Sons. He buys companies for breakfast and eats them in pieces for lunch. ... For the woman who doesn't require emotional intimacy, there's a whole lot of diamond tennis bracelets."


Review by:




No comments:

Post a Comment