Monday, September 29, 2014

Review Wednesday



Rating:

Title: Wednesday
Author: Clare James
Genre: New Adult Erotic Romance
Heat: 4.5 stars
Source: ARC provided by WordSmith Publicity




Cover: 4 stars
Characters: 4 stars
Plot: 4 stars
Heat: 4.5 stars
Freshness: 3 stars
Addictiveness: 4 stars
Total: 4 stars


Could you have a no-strings-attached relationship with someone that you have really loved before? Do you  believe love can become hate? Would you willingly gamble your heart again? 

Aria and Tristan were in love with each other on their senior year of high school, but fate decided to change their destiny and they started hating each other. Now they are both back in town and their chemistry is still off-the-charts. They decide on a no-strings-attached relationship, but as in the past, fate  is always messing up their plans.

"One day a week. Four days each month. Fifty-two goddamn times each year. On the other three-hundred-fourteen days, we could go back to business as usual."

A relationship based on sexual chemistry, no worries, no troubles, only releasing tension.  The only problem is that life is usually messier than this.

Aria is starting a new life, she has just ended a chapter of her story, and it's looking for new beginnings. Even though she is young her life is not all hearts and flowers.

"So at the ripe old age of twenty-one - when most girls are in school, going to parties, and sowing their oats - I'm going home to rebuild my life after my failed marriage, while caring for a toddler on my own."

She is a good character. She takes the bumps that life has thrown her way and learns from them, evolves. Her relationship with her mom is touching and her love for her son is beautiful.

Tristan is a great character. He has not evolved so much as Aria. He still holds a grudge from the past, and he is immature about it. He is a twenty one years old boy that likes women and pleasure. He is kinky and hot! His humor is perfect, I laughed a lot with him. He is no hero, but his humanity it's what makes him super.

"Yep, in the spam of ten minutes, I've gone from Magic Mike to Jonah Hill."
"I want you spread across my bed, or up against the wall, or bent over my kitchen table. I'm not picky about where, and we already know when." 

This is my first book by Ms. James, but definitely it's not my last. I've really enjoyed her writing style. I love dual-first-person-pov, and for Wednesday it was the perfect way to set the pace of the story.  Her passionate scenes are panty-wetter hot, and the intensity and humor of the book was very well balanced throughout the story.

I have really enjoyed the end of this book. It's so realistic, and it breaks the mold of HEAs.  

I would recommend this book for those erotic romance readers that want to venture into the new adult with spicy. It's new, it's different, it's unique!

"We've finally moved beyond a critical state to stable condition."


Review by:







No comments:

Post a Comment