Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: Sex, Love , and Aliens, Volume 1









Rating:

Title: Sex, Love, and Aliens, Volume 1
Series: Sex, Love and Aliens #1
Author: Imogene Nix, Ashlynn Monroe, Jaye Shields, beth D. Carter
Genre: Futuristic Romance, Science Fiction 
Source: ARC provided by Bewitching Book Tours




 Rating: 2.5 stars


Title: Tangled Webs
Author: Imogene Nix
 Characters: 3 stars
Plot: 2 stars
Heat: 2 stars
Freshness: 5 stars 
Addictiveness: 1 stars
Total: 2.5 stars (8/24)

 The story was ok! I was unable to connect, or relate with the characters. The plot had too many loose ends for me, and I quite did not understand the world built in the story.

I like original ideas, and I believe the author was very creative. Maybe if this was a full novel instead of a novella, I would have been able to understand the characters more.

I have the feeling this story was just the first book one of a series, hopefully I will see more out there so I can get some answers to my questions. 

It's an o.k prequel. I will be on the look out for what comes next!





Rating: 3.5 stars

Title: The Spaceship Captain's Wife
Author: Ashlynn Monroe
Characters: 4 stars 
Plot: 4 stars 
Heat: 3 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 3 stars
Total: 3.5 stars (14/24)

It has some great characters and a very refreshing plot. I like the built expectation to the passionate scenes and I have enjoyed  the intensity built along the way. 
It has room for a continuing book, exploring this world  that is very interesting. 
I'm looking forward to book 2!



Rating: 4.5 stars

Title: His Human
Author: Jaye Shields
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Heat: 4.5 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: 4.5 stars (19.5/24)

This was my favorite book of the four. I really felt in love with the clone and I hope I will read more about it in the near future. It has the perfect foundation for an amazing series to come.
Both main characters are easy to love and the world built by the author is amazing. Even though this is a novella, Ms. Shields has given me a very cohesive tale with a perfect ending.
I hope it's not wishful thinking from my part, that Ms. Shields really creates a series out of this!



Rating: 4 stars

Title: Gravitation
Author: Beth D. Carter
Characters: 4.5 stars 
Plot: 4 stars 
Heat: 4 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 4.5 stars
Total: 4 stars (17/24)

 Great characters, good plot, promising series. 
Of the four books, I believe this is the concept that is closer to become a series. I can perfectly see which characters should be on the next segment of this story and I'm dying to learn more about all of them.
The world built by the author is inventive and well-rounded, with an open field for growing, without having any gaping wholes for this novella.
I will be on the look out for book 2!



This anthology is promising! It leaves the reader wanting the follow-up from each book, and wondering if volume two will be continuing these stories or if it will brings brand new tales.

I would recommend this book for those that are looking for a fast-paced read with some steamy, fun scenes.


"Maybe the human race did need to adapt. Maybe adapting meant changing, because years and years of planning couldn't have happened had it been just humans executing the revolution."

"The world wasn't set in black and white, in right and wrong."

Review by:


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading His Human and giving such a thoughtful, enthusiastic review. I'm glad you loved Rogue as much as I did

    ReplyDelete