Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review: You Turn





Rating: 4.5 stars

Title: You Turn
Series: Second Chances Series
Author: Marion Croslydon
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Heat: 2 stars
Source: ARC provided by AtoMr Promotions




Cover: 5 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Heat: 2 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: 4.5 stars (21/24)

*** You Turn is a contemporary adult romance and part of the Second Chances series. However, Lenor and Zach’s story can be read as a stand-alone novel. There is no cliffhanger. ***

 Emotional roller coaster! Hurtful romance! Are you ready to go through some pain, to find love?

I have given this cover five stars because I not only find it classy and tasty, but after reading the book it became meaningful. Love it!

You Turn is a love story. Like most love stories, the couple goes through a lot until they find their balance. That's where it ends the predictability. Ms. Croslydon has created a plot full of turns and twists, and every time I've felt comfortable within this read, something happened to end with all my preconceived notions.

This book is not  an easy read. It's intense, painful and very much alive. All characters are multi-dimensional and they sneak up your senses and overexpose all your feeling to the maximum. You never know if you will agree with their actions, but it doesn't really matter as long you understand them. Ms. Croslydon weaves a very cohesively plot, that doesn't let room for you to doubt her characters. By the end of the book you have gone through a cathartic experience and you love, connect and relate to all characters.

"Emotionally unavailable fathers and emotionally unstable mothers. In other words, from very messed-up families."

This story brings out love from several directions, and portraits pains from different kinds of relationships. Both main characters have horrible parents and let them dictate their actions several times along this story.

"What the man opposite me put me through was like climbing Mount Everest. Barefoot. In a bikini."

Emotions runs deep in this one!

I'm a fan of feelings. I love to dive deep into my reads and go through the journey with characters as if I'm their friend, not spectator.  You Turn does this and more. 

I would love to read more of this author, in fact, I know I must read both previous books from this series. If you are like me, and you enjoy free-falling-type of adrenaline, you CANNOT miss this book!

Review by:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment