Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Review: Shade





Rating: 4 stars

Title: Shade
Series: The Snapped Series #2
Author: Ketley Allison
Genre: New Adult Contemporary, Romantic Mystery
Source: ARC provided by AtoMr Tours



Cover: 3 stars
Characters: 4 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars
Heat: 3 stars
Freshness: 3.5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: (17/24) 4 stars


***** This is part two of a serial, there is no ending per se. Also this is a mystery serial, I can't say much without spoiling, so I'm not going to say anything about the story.*****


Part two of the serial has cracks at the relationship between characters starting to show, and a cloud of discord appears. Literally everyone has been thrown under the bus, and they are all appearing to be quite the little devils. Not even Charlie is without any blame.

This book continues on the weeks prior to the crime, building up motives so each and everyone might have reason to SNAP!

I have truly enjoyed how the author makes me doubt everybody. Also, every time I believe I know something, Ms. Allison has proven me wrong, which I love!

My one complain here would be that Charlie's personality is starting to annoy me some. She is to passive, and she has a tendency to hide behind the truth. Worst, she is the type that lets others goes into attack-mode when she is clearly in her right to question things. Wake up, Charlie! Grow some balls!

Now the worst of it all... I have finish book two and I still don't have book three to read. I'm ready to cry now, because book two have an amazing ending. You know, the type that makes you pull out your hair wanting to know more!

You may read this book because you have read book one of the series; you should read this book because book one has left you curious enough; but you MUST read this book if you enjoy creatively-written mystery books!

"Welcome to the safari, Miss Miller.""Let's just hope you're the lion and not the elk.""

Review by:



No comments:

Post a Comment